Steps for setting up an off-site parent:
- Open jMemo Parent Key example in your browser:
- Use the generated mnemonic or enter your own
- Backup and secure the mnemonic phrase - THIS IS YOUR MASTER KEY
Click "Get API Token (w/Memo)"
- Optionally can get token directly from API instead and fund manually
- Enter amounts to fund address and API (10k each is more than enough)
- Click "Connect" to go back to jMemo Parent Key Example
- Copy the Main Address
- Visit Memo account setup/upgrade
- Select the last option, "Setup master key for your identity"
- Paste the Main Address
- Click "Request Link to Master Key"
- Go back to the jMemo Parent Key Example
- Click the "Check Link" tab
Click "Check Link Request" button
- It should populate the Tx Hash, Child, and Message fields
- Verify the child address is correct and matches your Memo account
- Click "Create Link Accept"
- Click "Sign Accept"
- Click "Broadcast Signed Accept"
- Congratulations! You have now setup an Off-site Master Parent Key!